Bet Tzedek provides free, expert legal advice and representation to low-income residents of Los Angeles County. Each year our lawyers and paralegals assist more than 20,000 people of every racial, religious, and ethnic background through direct legal service, impact litigation, legislative advocacy, and the generous contributions of our many volunteers.
Where to Get Help
Bet Tzedek is located on the 13th floor of 3250 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles. We also provide legal services at dozens of senior centers throughout Los Angeles County, three SOVA centers in Los Angeles, and through a Medical-Legal Partnership at Saint Francis Hospital in Los Angeles. Bet Tzedek also staffs Self-Help Conservatorship Clinics located in courthouses in downtown Los Angeles (Stanley Mosk), Norwalk, and Pasadena. For detailed information on where to find us, please click here.
List of Legal Service Priorities
Our staff provides a comprehensive range of free legal services that address many of the legal problems faced by low-income people. Below is a list of our priority legal areas and the range of services our attorneys and advocates provide.
- Elder Abuse Restraining Orders
- Senior Center
- Family Caregiver Rights
- Wage and Hour Advocacy
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Human Trafficking
Partnership at Saint Francis Medical Center
- SOVA Community Resource Program Advocacy
- West Hollywood Project
- Housing Conditions/Tenants’ Rights
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Real Estate Fraud Against Seniors
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- California State Disability Insurance (SDI)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- KinGAP (see Guardianships and Conservatorships)
- Unemployment Insurance (see Employment Rights)