The Self-Help Conservatorship Clinics provides assistance to those seeking a conservatorship for a family member or friend, information on alternatives to conservatorship, and assistance in preparing elder abuse restraining orders.
INDIVIDUALS ARE ASSISTED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
At our self-help clinic, Bet Tzedek’s staff and volunteers can assist you with:
- Applying for temporary restraining orders
- Filing for conservatorships
- Obtaining information about the court process
- Understanding alternatives to conservatorships
- Correcting problems and curing defects in pending petitions
- Preparing fee waiver applications
- Preparing bond and accounting waiver applications
Anyone who is not represented by an attorney may be helped on cases involving a conservatorship of the person, and we also assist on some cases involving a conservatorship of the estate (i.e., if the person you are seeking the conservatorship for has very limited assets and income).
If you want help filing the initial papers to get a conservatorship, please review the checklist for the information you will need to bring with you to the self-help clinic (click here for checklist).